Here are the all replacement of players of all team in the 2nd leg of IPL 2021.
We all know that the 14th edition of the Indian T20 league had a sudden stoppage in the middle of the season due to a covid outbreak within the bio bubble of the Indian Premier League. But BCCI ( The Board of Control for Cricket in India was set up on December 4, 1928, by a group of players at Delhi’s Roshnara Club to end the British monopoly in cricket ) somehow manages to make space for the completion of the IPL 2021.
As everyone is eagerly waiting for the 2nd phase of IPL 2021 many players are not available due to injury concerns or some personal reasons. Kolkata Knight Riders player Patrick Cummins wanted to take some time off for his family and Rajasthan Royals player Ben Stokes had some mental health issues.
So every team had to look for replacements for their players who will miss the IPL. Here is a list of replacements of players –
Replacements Of Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Wanindu Hasaranga replaces Adam Zampa (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- Dushmantha Chameera replaces Daniel Sams (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- George Garton replaces Kane Richardson (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- Tim David replaces Finn Allen (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- Akash Deep replaces Washington Sundar (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
Replacements of Rajasthan Royals
- Glenn Phillips replaces Jofra Archer (Rajasthan Royals)
- Tabraiz Shamsi replaces Andrew Tye (Rajasthan Royals)
- Rajasthan Royals have added the West Indian duo of Oshane Thomas and Evin Lewis to the squad. They will replace Ben Stokes and Jos Buttler.
Punjab Kings Replacement
- Nathan Ellis replaces Riley Meredith (Punjab Kings)
- Adil Rashid replaces Jhye Richardson (Punjab Kings)
- Aiden Markram replaces Dawid Malan (Punjab Kings)
Kolkata knight riders Replacement
New Zealand Cricketer Tim Southee in For Pat Cummins
- Ben Dwarshuis Replaces Chris Woakes. Left-arm pacer Dwarshuis, from Australia, has thus far played 82 T20s and has 100 wickets to his name.
- The franchise has also named left-arm medium pacer Kulwant Khejroliya as a replacement for M Siddharth. Khejroliya has represented Mumbai Indians & Royal Challengers Bangalore in the past.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Replacement
Sherfane Rutherford replaces Jonny Bairstow
Mumbai Indians Replacement
Mumbai Indians have named Gujarat’s left-arm medium-pacer Roosh Kalaria to their squad in place of Mohsin Khan. Kalaria has thus far played 54 First-Class matches, 46 List A games and 31 T20s picking a total of 271 wickets.
The IPL 2021 1st leg ended with 29th matches had been played. Due to the Covid positive case of Varun Chakraborty, the match which would be played between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore was called off. The next day we got the news of the suspension of IPL 2021 which was disheartening for every Indian Premier League fan.
At the end of the 1st leg, every team had played 7 games each except Delhi Capitals who played 8 matches. Among them, Delhi was on the top of the table with 6 wins in 8 matches. Chennai and Bangalore we’re 2 and 3 with 5 wins each in 7 matches. Mumbai was in the 4th position with 4 wins in 7 matches.