Here are all the purple cap winners in IPL since 2008. The purple cap is given to the players who took the most wickets in an IPL year. It is a precious award for any bowler to win.
- 1 All Purple cap winners List
- 1.1 2) R.P. Singh (23 wickets in 2009 for DC)
- 1.2 3. Pragyan Ojha ( 21 wickets in 2010 for DC )
- 1.3 4. Lasith Malinga ( 28 wickets for MI in 2011 )
- 1.4 5. Morne Morkel ( 25 wickets in 2012 for DD)
- 1.5 6. Dwayne Bravo ( 32 wickets for CSK in 2013 )
- 1.6 7. Mohit Sharma ( 23 wickets for CSK in 2014)
- 1.7 8. Dwayne Bravo ( 26 wickets in 2015)
- 1.8 9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar ( 23 wickets for SRH in 2016)
- 1.9 10. Bhuvneshwar Kumar ( 26 wickets in 2017)
- 1.10 11. Andrew Tye ( 24 wickets in 2018 for KXIP)
- 1.11 12. Imran Tahir ( 26 wickets for CSK in 2019)
- 1.12 13. Kagiso Rabada ( 30 wickets in 2020 for DC)
All Purple cap winners List
- Sohail Tanveer ( 22 wickets in 11 matches in 2008 for RR)
Sohail Tanveer played for Pakistan in international cricket. He was an unorthodox left-arm pacer who had earned some respect in international cricket due to his wicket-taking capability. He took 22 wickets in only 11 matches in the first-ever IPL played in 2008. He played for Rajasthan Royals who had won the tournament that year with the help of his fast bowling.
2) R.P. Singh (23 wickets in 2009 for DC)
Rudra Pratap Singh is an Indian left-arm International bowler. He played for Uttar Pradesh in domestic cricket. He helped Deccan Chargers winning the IPL 2009 after taking the most wickets of 23 in just 16 matches. He played for India in all 3 formats and took retirement in 2018.
3. Pragyan Ojha ( 21 wickets in 2010 for DC )
Pragyan Ojha is a left-arm orthodox spin bowler who is among the two spinners who have ever won the Purple Cap in IPL. He currently plays for Hyderabad in domestic but also played for Bengal and Bihar as a guest cricketer in Ranji Trophy. He took 21 wickets for Deccan Chargers in 2010 and won the Purple Cap.
4. Lasith Malinga ( 28 wickets for MI in 2011 )
Separamadu Lasith Malinga was a specialist death bowler for Sri Lanka as well as Mumbai Indians. He made his name in 2011 by taking 28 wickets for Mumbai.
5. Morne Morkel ( 25 wickets in 2012 for DD)
South African – Australian cricketer Morne Morkel took 25 wickets for Delhi Daredevils in 2012 to win the Purple cap. The tall fast bowler made his name in that year.
6. Dwayne Bravo ( 32 wickets for CSK in 2013 )
West Indian all-rounder Dwayne Bravo took Chennai Super Kings to the final with his all-round performance in 2013 and won the Purple Cap. He took so many wickets with his slower balls and change of pace deliveries.
7. Mohit Sharma ( 23 wickets for CSK in 2014)
Mohit Mahipal Sharma, a right-hand medium-pace bowler, announced his arrival in international cricket by winning the purple cap in 2014. Dhoni helped him a lot as a captain of Chennai Super Kings. But did well by taking the crucial 23 wickets.
8. Dwayne Bravo ( 26 wickets in 2015)
Dwayne Bravo again won the Purple Cap in 2015. The batsmen couldn’t understand his slow balls and he became the first player to win the purple cap for 2nd time.
9. Bhuvneshwar Kumar ( 23 wickets for SRH in 2016)
Bhuvneshwar Kumar is an Indian international fast bowler. He plays for Uttar Pradesh in domestic cricket and Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL. He took 23 wickets in 2016 which helped SRH winning the IPL.
10. Bhuvneshwar Kumar ( 26 wickets in 2017)
Bhuvneshwar also won the purple cap in 2017.
11. Andrew Tye ( 24 wickets in 2018 for KXIP)
Andrew Tye took 24 wickets for Kings XI Punjab in 2018 and won the Purple cap.
12. Imran Tahir ( 26 wickets for CSK in 2019)
South African spinner Imran Tahir who won took 26 wickets in 2019.
13. Kagiso Rabada ( 30 wickets in 2020 for DC)
Kagiso Rabada took 30 wickets for Delhi Capitals in 2020 helping DC to reach the final.
- Rcb vs MI
- New Captain of RCB
- Chennai vs Mumbai top moments
- Top 5 successful batsmen
- Harshal Patel
- Common Players Of RCB and PBKS